View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
I appreciate the cast list, although I wasn't having trouble following the show

Just wanted to say--as a fiction writer and teacher, I am really impressed by your character descriptions in this list! Quirky & original physical traits paired with quirky & original personality traits...you bring these people to life in two short phrases. Like a good author should! I could use something like this as an example in my creative writing classes. Good job!

And thanks for this blog. I admire how you're living your life and the success you're having.
Thank you thank you thank you! That's awesome to hear. I always wanted to write fiction, but I've always been crap at it. Creative non-fiction, though, that I can do.

You're welcome to change the names and some of the details and use this as an example if you'd like. Hee, I feel like the teacher gave me a gold star. ^_^

I actually worked and re-worked the descriptions above, because I was trying really hard to find a balance between "relevant and interesting" and "wouldn't necessarily make it immediately obvious who I was talking about to someone who casually knows a few of us and who stumbled on the blog and was skimming", the latter being my current extremely low standard for anonymity. And yeah, I tried to pair a physical trait and a personality trait for everyone except for Clay, whose physical traits I've already described in some detail because he's just so pretttyyyyyy, I can't help it. XD

Also, d'aw, thanks for the comment about the blog in general. Yay! Things are, in fact, kind of shamefully good right now.