View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM

Talking Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 35th birthday!

Every year since we've been together, Fly has brought me breakfast berries in bed for my birthday. Yesterday, he served me raspberries and strawberries at 7 AM, and wished me a happy birthday as he went to work and I rolled back over to sleep for a few more hours. I love our little birthday tradition, and the continuity of it makes me feel so special.

I took the day off work, and Fly and I liberated Kiddo from school early so we could go to an afternoon Mariners game. It was sunny and hot (I'm so sunburned that I cried in pain during my shower this morning ), and Fly found a wine bar in the stadium and bought me a glass of champagne. We had so much fun, and the game went 16 innings! The only downside, except for the sunburn, was that Fly and I got pooped upon by a seagull during the 14th inning. It's supposed to be good luck, but it's hard to see it that way.

Since the game ran so long, we had to race home so I could shower for my dinner date with Moonlight. She had made reservations for a lovely restaurant on the canal, and we got to sit outside on the patio and watch the boats pass us by. A melt-in-your-mouth steak and a couple glasses of chilled rosť made me a very relaxed and mellow girl. After dinner, we drove to the beach where we could watch the sunset and make out like teenagers in the twilight.

I can't tell you how special it was to celebrate with both my loves, in very different ways that really matched the character of each of my relationships with them. With Fly, it was light-hearted, chillaxed, and playful; with Moonlight it was romantic, decadent, and luxurious. Knowing that Fly and Moonlight were enjoying conversation while I was in the shower between dates was such a satisfying feeling. I absolutely revel in my little poly family!

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo