View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Come now, Marcus. I thought it was obvious from my other comments I meant there *should* be no lying in poly. Complete ruthless honesty is required to make it work.
There should be no lying in any personal relationships and hopefully not even in professional relationships. I now you weren't saying "if there is lying, it isn't poly".

However there does seem to be an odd confusion regarding poly relationships that open communication and honest are built in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossary
Polyamory n 1: the state or practice of having more than one open romantic relationship at a time (2008). In Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2: romantically loving more than one person at a time 3: responsible non-monogamy based on honest open communication and conscious choices
I just wanted to make sure to publicly call bullshit on this front. This last definition and any assumption like it is one particular approach to poly and has exactly nothing to do with what the word actually means.

If these boards have anything to tell, there's plenty of lying in poly just like every other kind of relationship!

OP I'm glad you decided to stop being dishonest. I think you'll find that your relationships will be far less stressful and you'll extend their longevity greatly. There's no lying in healthy relationships!! (see what I did there)

Me: male, 40, straight, single