View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Oh, you can't drive? Kinda kills the spontaneity even if you do find a person willing to date you who lives 12-15 miles away (your walking distance). Wanna go to a movie? Sure! See you in 3 hours!

How about a bicycle? You could then extend your non-carless distance to 25 miles!

Nah. Get a license and a car. Be willing to drive 30+ miles. To do that, you will need a job for gas $ as well.

I just moved to a different town in Mass to move in with my gf (who doesnt have a car, but she lived in Boston with plenty of buses, subways and taxis). And now we live near my bf too, 7 miles from him. I used to drive 20 miles to be with my gf (did that for 4 years), and my bf used to drive 20 miles in another direction to be with me. He did that for 17 months.

Coincidentally, a young man (24) I've been flirting with off and on, online, for a few years, got back in touch, asking me to come visit him in Providence RI, 50 miles away. Wanting me to drive to see him because he doesn't have a car! I just moved to be with my gf, and a 15 minute backroads drive from my bf, and this guy wants me to drive 50 miles highway for the privilege of being with him? I think not.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37