View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Originally Posted by Fidelia;
There are some areas where issues are very clear and may be concisely expressed. Such as:
Lying is wrong.
Cheating is wrong.

Just as
Stealing is wrong
I may unequivocally state that people who lie are liars. People who cheat are cheaters. People who steal are thieves. And people who make room for such activities in thier lives, or who aid and abet such activity, will face the consequences of thier actions, as all people do.
This absolutism really causes me problems and leaves me upset because I am a liar and have stolen.

I will explain I have lied to people quite frequently in the past in my old job I purposely and with intent told suicidal people that their knives had gone missing from their kitchen - having pocketed them all and handed them on to authorities - stole shotgun shells off the shelf of a suicidal man that intended to kill himself with his shot gun. Told people I had no idea where their tablets were when I pocketed them. I guess you can get me on a kind of cheating too on this basis. This list isn't exhaustive and I will hang my head in shame at your external judgement.

I thankfully add that I haven't murdered anyone.

I could add that in regard to having stolen - a large number of transported 'criminals' that stole bread to survive make up a fair proportion of the ancestors of Australians.

Last edited by mez; 01-23-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: change spelling