View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 PM

All is pretty quiet in Jenny-land. I've almost gotten all the plants I bought planted, and am so excited for the garden this year. This is the first time since I was a little girl that I have an actual (albeit small) garden, and not just growing things in containers. Being outside with the cats, watching and listening to the chickens, and feeling things growing and living all around me - this is my bliss.

I celebrated my 11-year anniversary at work last week, and will celebrate my 35th birthday next. My kid, who I met when he was 1, will be graduating third grade soon. Moonlight and I will have our 1-year anniversary in a month. With all these milestones, I suddenly feel like a grownup.

Time is flying by so quickly these days. I've been trying to coordinate everyone's summer schedules. Fly has some trips planned, Moonlight has some trips planned, I've committed to a lot of babysitting, dogsitting, and housesitting to sock away money for next year's Australia trip. Fly and I also have to take Kiddo's mom's schedule into consideration, and it's all a little dizzying. I'm a little bummed that I won't get to take a big vacation this year, but Moonlight and I have some weekend road trips that will hopefully get me through.

For the most part, things are same-old. I find it interesting that Moonlight and I bicker sometimes; I've never really done that with a partner. I've also never dated a woman long-term. I don't know if there's a correlation.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo