View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Yeah, way back when my ex h and I first opened our marriage, and he got a gf, I became wicked envious of him wining and dining her in her city, all alone together, going to bookstores and reading each other poetry and god knows what.

I got advice from friends to make sure I was getting as much romance as she was! There they were off dating and I was home with 3 kids and a dog and several cats, feeding the kids and pets, walking the darn dog, cleaning catboxes, driving the kids to their activities, and he was off gallivanting and getting his rocks off without me!

Luckily our kids were old enough to be left alone by that point so I started booking the h and myself for concerts and weekend getaways, and in the summers leaving the kids with relatives and going on weeklong vacations, just hubby and me. After a while, hubby started coming up with romantic ideas for us, himself!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32