View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsapphire View Post
I am in a poly relationship with my boyfriend. He also has a wife and we have been together for over a year now. in the recent months though, I have been jealous of his wife thinking that he will eventually just push me away and not love me anymore. I also feel like he prefers to have sex with her more often than me, and that in time he will grow tired of me.
I want to change this though because I have been having a lot of fights with him recently and I don't want our relationship to split apart because of this. Even though, he does so much for me and always telling me that he loves me, I am still scared that something this good will eventually come to an end and that I will screw up our relationship to the point where he will leave me or not love me as much anymore. I don't want to be depressed or negative anymore but I'm just scared of what could happen. Is there any way I can fix this?
You could very easily be having nearly identical fears in a mono relationship. Fearing that your partner will get bored of you, doesn't like sex with you all that much, or that you'll screw things up are insecurities that are very general... do you think this is actually because of poly, or is this just part of who you are? Maybe counseling would help you develop better self-esteem?