View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, kids are literal creatures, but how come I and a zillion other people always knew what the Golden Rule meant?
Because you (and the zillion other people) are at a different place in your six maturities. And not everyone is at the same place at the same time.

Adults might all look "adult" from their outsides but not everyone develops in all their maturities at the same rate. Chronological and physical maturities are the only ones that come "automatic" at the same rate for everyone. Every birthday clocked leads to automatic growth in those. Intellectual, emotional, social, and philosophical maturities have to be worked at to grow.

I'm with BG -- not everyone knows how. They come here for support and who knows how old the other person is on the other side, their background, personality, education level, culture, native language, environment etc. are/have been.

I'm not trying to dumb anything down -- I'm trying to find common ground and common language. If I get too corny sometimes doing that... ah, well. I enjoy corny humor at times and sometimes it falls flat. *shrug*

Again, I'm not trying to argue. YMMV -- I find thinking of things that way as helpful to me. Some won't find that approach useful. C'est la vie.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 05-24-2013 at 07:30 PM.