View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySFI View Post
I just need to know that this is working for some people and that overall they are truly happy with their lifestyle choice.
What is the "this" you are asking about? Polyamory in general? A triad? A vee? A quad? Communication? Time management?

There are a myriad number of choices members here have made in their respective lifestyles - knowing that what they chose works for them might not even be remotely relevant to whether polyamory will work for you. For some people, it works. For others, it might not work.

Now, why is it important for you to know others are happy with having chosen to live their lives polyamorously? Would the successes, failures, happiness, or unhappiness of strangers involved in polyamory really be an indicator of what is possible for you? It is a well-known fact that many people do not have happy monogamous relationships - did that ever stop you from entering into any?

I think what is more important is to ask whether or not you want to engage in multiple loving relationships, and if so, are you and your partners willing to do the necessary work so that these relationship are successful and fulfilling for all of you? Do you think you will be able to be happy in polyamory?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 05-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.