View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM

To me that sounds like a very unsatisfactory marriage, working opposite shifts and soon living hundreds of miles apart. How does he plan to meet his own sexual and companionship needs when you 2 are apart? Does he really plan to just be celibate? Only getting sex with you every 2 to 4 weeks after a strong history of cheating??

I am something of a hippie. I could never be in the military or partner with a soldier. His hypocrisy is kind of mind boggling...

Actually I read the modern poly movement started in WWII by a bunch of soldiers in high risk jobs who asked their buddies to watch after their wives if something happened, and they started relationships all amongst a group as a support system and backup plan. You could google that. I read about it in the book Sex at Dawn (another good book about open relationships...)
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37