View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM

Hehe, no wonder you're scared. Poly goes so against the grain of mainstream society. For most people, they are first generation polyamorists and forging a new path in life that goes contrary to everything society has brainwashed us to believe.

I've been poly at heart all my life (I'm 57) but only learned the term and tried to start practicing in 1999. My now ex husband and I botched it with newbie mistakes (we were unicorn hunters and struggled mightily with jealousy). But after we separated in 2008, I set out on my own to practice polyamory and it's been basically a great adventure! I found a wonderful gf almost right away.

She's been very tolerant and supportive of my continuing to date. I am bi/pansexual and really wanted a bf. Didnt find Mr Right for 3 years, so I dated a couple dozen guys during my search and had a lot of fun, got my heart knicked a few times...

You can read my blog. It's not overly dramatic, just your basic garden variety poly person of a certain age...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32