View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
When is your due date?

It's funny, I just had the thought, your husband has a new loved one now, but soon, so will you! The delightful little baby. Consider now discussing how much you will need him in the early weeks and months of the baby's life. Those are trying times and it's much easier with your partner around at bedtime! He should discuss that with the gf too, prepare her for him being needed at home to take care of his child and post partum wife.

Personally, I think you're well within your rights to have h just spend one night a week with the new gf. Until he agrees to have more hangout time with both of you, at least! You should feel less competitive as you get to know her better, know she's just human like you, not "better than."

Thank you! One of the reasons that he wants to take her on a short holiday is exactly because the last few weeks of pregnancy and the first month or 2 of having the baby he will have less time for her. They are both aware of that and obviously ok with it.

I don't necessarily feel competitive with her, it is more like all my own insecurities are being pushed out into the open, no matter how unrealistic they are. And they are harder to handle because of the hormones.

I'm due beginning of August (2 more months!). It is our first, so there is a lot of things we don't know yet how they will work, what will happen, etc.

I don't feel like it is fair to say that they can only be together once a week, or put a limit on their relationship. It is new, they are in happy sweet puppy love, she is terrified of the heavy feelings she is feeling for him already.... I just want to be as supportive as possible and give their relationship every chance possible to succeed.