View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:51 PM

I want to thank everyone for all of their insight on this topic. Being as I dont really know anyone personally its hard to open up with anyone about it to get any opinions, so truly I thank all of you.

Tonight we are going out and plan on stopping and picking up one of the books that was recommended and reading them together. Yesterday when my husband got home from work we sat and talked some more. He said he understands, as he puts it, my longing for another companion, and if its truly something that I want then he would like to look further into it and possibly explore the option. He said he isnt sure how he feels about having a companion of his own, but he feels at least us talking about it and considering it will help him possibly get past his fears.

He did say that he struggles so much because hes always felt he "married up" and that I was way out of his league and all of his guy friends have always made that comment when they have met me. He says he feels Im going to meet some other man that is better looking then him or drives a better car and has a better job, and im going to leave him and the life we have together. I understand where he is coming from and understand his fears. I want us to be able to continue working on these fears and being open and communicate about them. Does it mean we will be poly anytime in the near future... I dont know, but at least for now we are opening up about how we feel. I can honestly say its the most honest Ive ever seen my husband.