View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Interest and availability, mostly. Sometimes it depends on who is hosting/organizing/attending the event - if it's people Fly knows and enjoys, I might take him even if the type of event is more up Moonlight's alley, and vice versa.

Also, if it's the type of event where some quality time might be possible, like a wedding where I could dance with her or whatever, I'd probably take Moonlight because I don't see her as much.

And because I'm out to pretty much freaking everyone, I have no shame in begging for a +2 instead.

Family stuff, usually neither goes. Moonlight often has her own family stuff going on during holidays and that kind of thing. Plus, even though my family knows about her, they haven't met her and she's not quite ready for that. Fly just doesn't like family stuff, he doesn't even go to his own family's gatherings most of the time. Usually my date for family parties is Kiddo. My family spoils him, and he loves playing with the other kids.

Punk and I don't typically "attend" things together; when we hang out, it's pretty much just between the two of us.

Anyway, to sum it up, I agree with everyone else - whoever's interested and available and has clean party clothes gets to go.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 11-year-old son Kiddo