View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkxvlv View Post
The truth is Jasper handled it as well as he could have, at least outwardly. He handled his anger about it very well. He kept as calm as possible. He was able to move to talking about what needed to be done to fix it despite his mind still being stuck on how did this happen. He apologized for his reaction and told me it was a last in a long line of people not getting things done at work as well. He told me he loved me when we got off the phone. Nevertheless I am not handling it well at all.

I've gotten everything done. I'm picking up a car on my lunch break tomorrow, loading it and driving 6 hours after work. I've booked a room for him to check in to before we can get there. When looking up directions to the venue, I discovered the will call was several blocks from gates so I've bought him a ticket so he doesn't have to deal with possibly having to wait to pick one up and miss the opening. We'll wake up early and drop him off as early as he needs. It isn't enough and he is still upset. I keep telling myself its resolved because I know what to avoid in the future but its hard to feel like he even wants to see me now. I just want to talk to him without fighting and it just isn't possible. It seems like he thinks everything I do is a set up to trap him in to looking like the bad guy. Or to pull some games with him to intentionally ruin his day. I just don't understand where that comes from. Why is it so easy for him to think I could be so cruel, and if it is, what on earth is he with me for? It's all so far from reality as I see it.

I'm so sorry. I'm going through something very similar, at least in terms of the feelings involved, with my boyfriend right now and it sucks. He thinks that everything I've done is because I have negative assumptions about him and think he's a bad person. None of it is for that reason, but it's impossible to break through his thinking to reason with him. So I'm at this point that sounds very much like the point you are at also. Wondering why he thinks I'd think he's a bad person, wondering why he'd think I do these things to be mean to him. I'm so incredibly sorry that you're at this place too. It sucks and it hurts and it feels like there's no way out of it. I hope you're able to enjoy your weekend with your two loves anyway.