Originally Posted by Derbylicious
This month I have (re)learned:
1. The only constant in life is change.
2. No matter how scary it is talking about things won't kill you.
3. The only person you have any control over is yourself.
4. Honesty and integrity are important even if the outcome isn't what you wanted.
5. There is no instruction manual on how to do poly.
6. Crawling out of your skin when you're uncomfortable with your emotions really isn't an option, you just have to breathe through it.
7. A full belly and a good night's sleep help to put things into perspective.
8. The human body can hold a few conflicting emotions all at the same time and you can feel really crazy, it doesn't mean you are crazy.
9. Moving your body and laughter are really good medicine when you're feeling broken.
10. Everything will be OK in the end, if it's not OK, it's not the end.
I could not agree more. I am learning each of these things one by one. #6 is a big one. I would love to crawl out of my skin from time to time and avoid facing the tough emotions.
I hope everything works out for you.