View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Hidey ho, beautiful people.

Just to get the most important news out first - our chickens laid their first egg! We don't know who the culprit was, Tildy or Buffy, but it was small and brown and beautiful and delicious.

The last weekend in April I spend 4 days with Moonlight near Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington. It was a fantastic weekend, the weather was sunny and hot, the apple orchards were all blossoming, and the wineries were all having free tastings. We drank a lot of wine, and came home with bottles upon bottles. It was really lovely to spend so much time with Moonlight, with no distractions. We're going back to rent the same house at the end of June.

Last Friday, Moonlight and I went to the local master gardeners' plant sale, and I went totally overboard. And then Saturday morning I went to another plant sale and added to the overboardness. I'm so super excited to plant my garden this year, though. I can't wait to make frittatas and quiches with my hens' eggs and homegrown veggies!

Fly and I have been doing much better. Sometimes I just need to make peace with the fact that Fly has a certain personality, and I'm not going to be able to change him so that he behaves differently. I'm a much happier person when I accept reality and adjust my expectations accordingly. He and I had a wonderful date night on Sunday. He took me to my absolute favorite restaurant, and then home for sex and sweet cuddles. We've also been spending time puttering around the yard together. It always amazes me to realize how out of whack my world is when I'm not right with him.

Monday evening, Moonlight had a chiropractor appointment near my house, so I invited her over for a glass of wine afterwards. Fly ended up bringing us take-out falafel and gyros, and the three of us had dinner together. I can't express how much joy I find in the fact that the two of them get along so well. It's such a contrast to Notes, Fly's FWB, who adamantly does not want to meet me. It's my opinion that she prefers me to be out-of-sight, out-of-mind so that she can pretend to have Fly to herself. I'm so happy that my relationship with Moonlight is open and out and natural.

Punk has been doing a TON of traveling for work, only coming home for a day or two between trips. He just got back from a trip last night, and will be here for two weeks before his next job, so we're hoping to get together during that time. I appreciate how uncomplicated our friendship is, with so few expectations other than to enjoy each other when the opportunity arises.

Anyway, as usual, life is good.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo