View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRhino View Post
let me rephrase this..

the new girl motivated me to go to school with her sure.

But what I'm really getting at is that this entire situation made me realize that I need to be able to take care of myself, with or without these women in my life, that's why I'm so panic stricken and eager to get my education rolling, because either one of these situations could implode at any moment, just like any other situation.

If I go to school with the new girl, I know I'll enjoy myself and do really well in my classes. If her and I don't work out and break up in the middle of the school year it isn't going to make me rethink my decision to go and further my own personal growth.

Make sense?

This is more or less what i thought you were saying from the beginning. Perhaps i misinterpreted one or two details here or there, but essentially i agree that whatever it is that motivates you to go to school and do well, it is something you will take with you the rest of your life, even if whatever originally motivated you goes by the wayside. But, to NOT go to school because someone ELSE doesn't want you to, or wants you to "not rush into it", is doing it for THEIR reasons and not your OWN reasons.

tl;dr People break engagements all the time. Boyfriends and girlfriends come and go. Your education stays with you always.