View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:21 PM

I had an amazing weekend. On Friday rory came to my place, we hung out a bit and then went to a party together. Evan was already there when we came and Hank joined later as well. That was the first time all four of us have been in the same place at the same time. It was awesome, I just couldn't stop smiling. At one point I was sitting on the couch between rory and Evan and then went somewhere for a moment. When I came back, they were cuddling. It was soooo sweet! I couldn't say anything else but "aaaaaaw!" when I saw it. And then later rory and Hank had a really long conversation just the two of them. I heard afterwards that it was very interesting for both of them and they were enjoying getting to know each other. I've heard from all three of them in different situations that they like each other. I feel so happy that that's the case.

I spent the Saturday with Hank and in the evening we went to a queer dance event. And then Evan and Dena joined us there. I was very happy to finally meet her! I feel relieved that it's done now. We got along well I think, even though we didn't really have a chance to get to know each other that much with all the noise and everything. But at least we've met, I like that. We might see each other again soon if I can go to an event where Evan and Dena are going anyway. I'm not sure about that yet because it kinda depends on my work stuff that day. Anyway, it was nice to meet her. Then Hank spent most of Sunday with me as well before he had to get back to his hometown. Evan came to spend the night on Sunday a couple of hours after Hank had left. Intense weekend, I have to say. But very good, very enjoyable.

I think it's interesting to see how differently things are developing with Evan and with Hank, just because they're different people but also because their situations are different, Evan having a long-term partner who he lives with and Hank not having another partner besides me. Hank has said he'd like to take me to his sister's wedding in a few months. And he has also said he'd be happy to visit Home Country with me when I want to. When Evan and I had been together for a couple of months I mentioned to him that I'd like to take him to Home Country some time, and he sort of felt like I was moving forward too fast. So there's definitely a difference in these two people regarding what pace feels comfortable for them.

I've had to think about these things lately because my dad and his wife are coming to see me here this month. I haven't told them about Hank yet, I will soon though. I've been thinking about who should I introduce to them and when and all that. Because it took me so long to tell them about rory (I only did it last December when we had been together for a year and a half), I sort of feel like I would like them to meet her first. So after thinking about this for quite some time now, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to introduce Evan and Hank to them, even though that means it might take a long time before that can happen because they don't come here all the time. It could take years. Still, I feel like it's a big deal to introduce anyone to my dad. Not so much to my mum or friends, I guess dad is in a different category because of how our relationship is.
Dating: Ash

Blog