View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post

You asserted that most people have a lack of basic understanding of what human loving is ...."
Actually, if you will look back at what I actually typed out, you'll see that I used the word "many," not "most". The former assertion might be an exageration, but I'm sure most everyone would agree with what I actually said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post

This led me to believe you knew what this basic understanding of human loving that most people were missing was as well as what an adequate language for discussing it would be. But it seems you are saying you cannot describe either.
No, I indicated that to address the subject adequately would involve a lot more than a brief summary statement. Brief summary statements can be made on the matter, but would certainly lead to controversy if provided without adequate explanation. Perhaps one day I'll have a large block of time to write an essay on the topic? But I think it's verging on silly to expect someone to say anything useful and accurate about this matter in a brief post here. What is awry in how our culture/s conceive of and practice loving is a highly complex subject!, and a notoriously difficult one to discuss.