View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Banned

Default Another classic - why this thread exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
I'd like to hear from the actual poly community. Please let me know what you think. Don't sugar coat anything. I want real, honest, educated responses. Thank you for reading.

-Cloudy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
And at long last.... @BoringGuy
Sigh.... I could do without the sarcasm, though based on your rather large number of posts (over 1,000), I'm guessing it's based on frequently hearing n00b idiots like me stumble their way through trying to convey their views on this new and, if you're like me, radical topic. I would more appreciate, instead, that you educate me and point me in a better direction, instead of insulting me.
And that's just the point--I'm completely new to this. So new, in fact, that I technically haven't even started yet, at least as far as an actual poly relationship goes. So forgive me if I don't use the proper terminology, or if I step on a few poly verbal taboos. And if nothing else, at the very least, I'm reading, seeking advice, and analyzing and educating myself BEFORE I take this leap. Maybe you're right. Maybe I have a warped view of polyamory, and I have it all wrong. Guess what? That's why, in my OP, I asked, "Am I just not cut out for polyamory?" I know no one here can answer that for me. But being here is part of a process to discover the answer to that question and others.
Though you are right that it's impossible to tell if I'm a jerk or not just from one post. Who knows? Maybe I hate kittens. And who doesn't love kittens?

-Cloudy

Why do people do this? Say one thing, then act like they never said it and as if they said the opposite thing? This is the great thing about the internet, etc. People don't get off the hook that easily.

I didn't do this to you. you did it to yourself. All I did was say "hey look at that elephant in the living room!" And you blame me because you looked and saw. Do not speak to me if you refuse to see. I will not be your blind man.