Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 PM
FullofLove1052 FullofLove1052 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.
Posts: 915
Default Check-In

Today was a MUCH better day than every other day this week. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to stay down and out.

My hubby and I have a tradition that dates back to the first week that I met him. Since we have known each other, he has sent me flowers every week. Today was the lucky day, and I must say that they could not have come at a better time. They made me smile and put me into excellent spirits.

I got off work fairly early today. 10-4 is a lovely schedule. Too bad every day is not like that. When I got home, Matt was already there. He greeted me a hug and a kiss. I am not even big on hugging, but it was exactly what I needed. I needed that physical touch, and I appreciated it more than ever. Our children were still out with their nanny. We talked while I was in the shower. After I got out, we watched this show. The name has escaped me, but it was nice to just cuddle, talk, and enjoy being around one another. He even asked me out tonight. Yesterday's date was kind of clouded by my sadness, so I felt like we needed a re-do. He beat me to the punch, but that is okay. It was nice to have that alone time.

Our children and their nanny came in minutes before 6. We spent time listening to my daughter talk about her day, what they did, and playing with our son. I love when he snuggles up against me and plays with his feet. It takes very little to make him happy.

I had a cup of tea with her while Matt was playing with our children. Her sense of humour is the best. She has become a dear friend, which is why she is coming with me and my best friend to see Beyonce tomorrow night. I love that my children get on with her with ease. She is a wonderful woman, and I love her to pieces. She is an angel in our lives, and I am so grateful that she is moving with us.

We left them downstairs playing, so we could dressed. It actually did not take me that long. Surprisingly. We left a bit before 7:30 in order to make it to the show we were going to see. After the show, we went to this restaurant. We like no frills. I hate those overpriced, bourgeois restaurants with foods that are just disgusting. I will take a burger and fries any day over duck foie gras and other nastiness. The restaurant was a soul food themed place. (We went to the Superbowl, and the food in New Orleans was unlike anything we have ever tasted. I fell in love with the food.) The place that we went to had fried catfish, fried chicken, and gumbo. I was a happy woman.

After dinner, we left to go home since the second half of our evening was not slated to begin until after midnight. The actual show starts at 1. We made it back around 10:30, and we did our nightly routine with our children. It did not take them long to go to sleep.

They are sleeping peacefully, and I am getting dressed. Matt is downstairs with two of our mutual friends. They are joining us for a wee hour venture at the The Box. The last time I went it was... There is a reason why cameras are not allowed!

My best friend is flying in tomorrow, so I am in super happy spirits for the weekend. I am working for a few hours tomorrow morning and Sunday morning. Tomorrow night will be ladies night at the Beyonce concert. Matt will be off at a stag do. Sunday is reserved for family.

I am much better today than I was yesterday. I was down and out for sure. I actually was the first half of the day. I found myself blinking away tears a couple of times. I bounced back and kept it together. I am not sure what was wrong, but I guess everyone is entitled to days of sadness.

Here is to a great weekend with lots of love, relaxation, family time, laughter, memories, and good times!

I hope everyone who reads this has an excellent weekend, too.


Last edited by FullofLove1052; 05-04-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote