Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:07 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBusterX View Post
con·di·tion·ing (kn-dsh-nng)
n. Psychology
A process of behavior modification by which a subject comes to associate a desired behavior with a previously unrelated stimulus.

I'd say you are very much in the conditioning phase at the moment. Expect to be sore and feel like quitting. As you become stronger, so will you become better able to resist fatigue. Breathe well. Take breaks. Stay hydrated. Hang in there, Ry.
Thank you. I just feel like quitting, and though we are still in the discussion process of whether to continue or take a break for our search efforts, mentally, I have already quit counselling. I have officially checked out. Yesterday was proof of that. I am trying to hang in there, but there is a reason why I have never trained for marathons or anything of the sort. My stamina and conditioning are never up to par, and that is precisely how I feel right now.

The good news is we are checking out new therapists the first week of June, so we will be winging it for the next month. I hope we do not do any more damage, if we decide to take a break for awhile. He is more than welcome to continue. I will not be there, though.