Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
I prefer to be by myself. I just get tired of talking, and I want to be one with myself. I rarely watch TV. The DVR cue has about 90 shows recorded. The dreams for our house? I am not there to micromanage, and I have to depend a third party to be honest. It drives me crazy having to depend on anybody and trusting that they will get it done. Long distance renovations are ideal for some. For me? I am thinking about all that is likely wrong. f it was not so far, that is where we would be spending a week.
Now your nit picking my suggestions and missing my point - just talk about anything other than relationship issues. Anxiety over the renovations is exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:
I hate awkward silence. That is what being in someone's company does for me. I end up walking away and doing something more productive than sitting in a room not saying a word.
Not suggesting sitting in a room and doing nothing - but maybe you guys need some time to PRACTICE, just taking a walk holding hands and not talking, etc. I find this harder to do at home, there is always a distraction or something to do. Silence between you doesn't have to be awkward. I have found it can be fun to just sit together, hands, legs or feet touching (some body part for a physical connection), while we each play on our own cell phone or tablet. Not all the time, but if I don't make the effort, I will tend to isolate myself too much.

Last edited by SNeacail; 05-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.