View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 AM

Gia and I went to our semi-weekly exercise class together tonight (semi-weekly in that it's a weekly class, but we don't always make it every week). It was so good to see her, it's been a while.

On the car ride home, she talked about how frustrated she is lately in her marriage -- so many things about it are great, but she feels taken for granted sexually by Eric.

What it comes down to is that he's never been good at opening up to her about his desires. And yet, for whatever reason, he's been easily exploring all sorts of new things with Helen. Gia isn't a naturally jealous person but, as one can imagine, this has been very tough for her. Rather than ask him to stop having so much fun with Helen, she's asked him to ramp up the fun with her, to communicate more, and she's laid out some very clear requests as to how she'd like him to do that. His pattern has been to follow these requests for a while, and then slip back into his usual uncommunicative ways.

When we got back to the house, things were calm for a short time. Eric was giving Bee a bath. He left the bathroom, and I went in and spent a minute playing with Bee. Outside, I heard them starting to talk, and I could hear Gia laying out some of the things she'd been saying to me, about how upset she was and why. I closed the bathroom door and kept Bee entertained.

It could've been a terribly awkward experience, but it really wasn't. I'd been missing Bee, and it was a great deal of fun to "catch" plastic fish with him, and sing songs, and just enjoy bath time. Plus I was just relieved that she was getting it all off her chest. I also kind of appreciated the fact that they don't feel like they have to pretend to have a perfect marriage in front of me. By the time I took Bee out of the bath, dried him off, and diapered him, their conversation was winding down. When we had a moment alone, a little later, Gia told me that the talk had gone very well.

At the end of the night, as we were kissing goodbye, she told me that she missed me, and I could see a glint in her eye that had been absent for so long. It's funny, I DO want her, very much, but it doesn't feel as desperate now as it did back when I didn't feel the same desire coming from her, even though we still have very little time for that sort of thing. We have a date planned for mid-May, but I wonder if we could try to get together before then... hmmm...

Before I could go out the door, Bee came over and reached his arms up to me. I picked him up, and he turned to Gia and said "Bye bye, Mommy." I laughed and told him that he couldn't come with me. It was so touching, though. *sigh* That kid is nestled so deep in my heart.