View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers View Post
This sounds really tough; sorry!!
Thank you for reading and caring!

Quote:
Do you have any activities that tend to lighten your mood, things that when you focus on them you are distracted from the worries? If so, can you make a concerted effort to spend more time at them?

For me, yoga, music, exercise, some reading all help me escape. Even at times when I'm not all that keen to engage in them initially, I end up feeling better.
Excellent suggestion! I usually "disengage" my brain by re-reading my favorite science fiction.

Yoga is also very therapeutic for me - but I tend to only do it when I am actually attending a class. I think I need to put together a few sequences that I can do at work - close the office door and run through a few sun salutations maybe? Also, I think I need to set up my yoga space at home as a more permanent arrangement and then make the commitment to do even a small amount regularly. Thank you for reminding me of my intention in this regard!

Quote:
I wonder if the anxiety might be becoming its own trigger, ie you had some initial bad feeling you didn't understand, and worry about that is now spiralling out of control.
I think that you have hit the nail on the head here, actually. I have a quote on my Profile here (I keep quotes from threads in my Visitor Messages):
"Worrying about your tendency to worry is the sign of a champion worrier!" - AnnabelMore 12/17/11, Phy's story thread on polyamory.com
Quote:
Glad that yesterday was a bit better.
Me too! I woke up this morning to a good start after a good night sleep - MrS was cuddled up against me and Dude was already awake with my coffee ready. We only have one obligation this weekend (dinner and a show with MrS's parents in the city tonight) and, since I got my work stuff caught up yesterday, I can just relax and do whatever I want with the rest of my time.

Here's to a good weekend for all!

JaneQ
SLeW: platonic girlfriend and BFF
Lotus: "it's complicated"
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe