Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I am feeling like myself, so I agreed to meet my ex at this cafe not far from her flat. It is always a pleasure to see her. I can tell she is stressed out. She has lost weight and that is a tell tale sign. We are alike. When I am stressing, I forget to eat. I did that the other day. When I finally ate something Thursday morning, it hit me that I had not eaten since Tuesday. I am inclined to believe she is doing the same. We had lunch, so I know for sure that she ate something today. I hope she is taking care of herself. Heartbreak diets cannot be healthy at all. I am worried about her. As strong as she is, I know this has to be hard on her. I wish I could do something to alleviate some of her stress. Telling her not to worry is like spinning the world the other way.

I miss our relationship. That is to be expected. I am genuinely sorry about how everything transpired. I am happy that she is able to relax around me and feels comfortable confiding in me. I know she is hurting. She has not seen our children since Sunday, I believe. We do not talk about Matt. I can see the discomfort all over her body. Deep down I think she still cares for him. They were friends before anything romantic happened. I wish they would talk face to face. Matt acts like it would kill him to meet her for coffee. I guarantee he would feel a little bit better if he were to talk to her and hear her out. The same applies to her. There are still some things that need to be said. Holding them inside and harbouring dislike for one another is not the answer, though.

My son and I are having dinner with her and then going over to her place after. Movie nights are being reinstated. Matt cannot say anything because he has a daddy-daughter date tonight. The show they are going to see is not recommended for children under 3, and I gave our nanny the night off before any other plans were in place. His choices were to cancel his plans with our daughter or let my son be around us. He has no argument against it either. I am still nursing him. Things always have a funny way of working out. Si may not get to see both but as least she will get to see one.

My little guy and I have some shopping to do and some errands to run before that meeting. We need snacks. I am thinking cupcakes, too. I am looking forward to my Saturday night. I am sure my daughter and Matt will have a wonderful time, too. I look forward to hearing about it.

I am tickled pink because as hard as he is fighting against Si, she is still getting to be involved. Somewhere in London, Matt is mad. I hope he learns a lesson.

Last edited by FullofLove1052; 04-27-2013 at 12:23 PM.