Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Oh dear... Every time you talk about Matt and when he used to post makes me think more and more that the two of you don't know each other at all and if you did, you wouldn't like each other much. In the mean-time, you're addressing things that are superficial to that, such as where your kids go to school and what his mother thinks about your girlfriend.

Since everything i just said will probably get taken as if i'm trying to tell you what to do. maybe it's just the way i read your writing, but it does seem that many times, when someone makes an observation or suggests alternatives, you respond with something like, "i'm not going to change everything!" i'm not telling you what i think you should DO, i'm telling you what i think i SEE.
If that is what I choose to address, why does it bother you so much? I address things that are relevant to what happened and contributed to many problems. Communication was shitty. I get it. How many times does it need to be said? I am working on it.

Out of curiosity, what would you like me to talk about? I am not going to, but it does make me wonder. Go on and on about all that is wrong instead of making it right. Maybe I should continue talking about all that I did wrong and apparently still doing wrong. Rehashing the past is key to moving forward, right?

Do we see eye to eye on every single thing? Do I like everything about him? No. I do know him, but I do not know everything about him. You can be with a person for 30 years and learn new things about them every day. People change. What worked for someone five years ago may not be something they particularly care to live with in the present. Matt's tolerance ran out. The end.

To my knowledge, your only suggested alternative was that it would not be so bad if my child went to a school here. Like I told you, her education is it a piece of the puzzle but not the only reason.

I have listened to all of the alternatives, but at the same token, I cannot force anyone to do anything. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they feel like doing. Should I hold them hostage and make them work it out? I am sorry. I have no interest in doing that either. My final solution is one that would probably not be highly favoured, but I have no control right now, so I have to sit back and watch from the sideline.

What is your solution to all of this, BG? You are pointing out what you think are superficial issues, but that is all. Critiquing what I feel like discussing is not going to make any of the other issues go away.