View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
How's this for a reason:

Maybe these couples you refer to did something to earn that judgment. If you are not part of the problem, then what's your problem?

It does not seem to me as if you started this thread to discuss privilege and try to debunk myths or misconceptions about couples and privilege. It seems like this is a thinly-veiled attempt to justify treating "secondaries" as such. Anyone who has read your blog can decide for themselves whether or not they agree with that.

Are they myths? I don't think so, I think secondary partners have experienced this, I know I have, so I get a bit hacked off at being told, 'everyone has privilege, get over it....' .

Yes, I am sure black people in the US during the Civil Rights era being sprayed with big hoses should have been thankful they were not in Africa?

I am sure white women who were raped and beaten by their spouses legally should have been thankful they were not slaves?

Bisexual or gay people in the west should be grateful they don't live in a country that will whip or kill people for homosexual behaviour?

Rich Saudi women who can't drive without a man beside her should be grateful she is not a poor village girl in Bangladesh?

So that's all right then is it? Let's treat people however we like because they are bound to have some sort of privilege....let's move on...get over it you whiney people, blah blah blah *sticks head in the sand*

Purleese.......

Last edited by Natja; 04-26-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Diz singl women kant spelz....