View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM

This is going to seem like a weirdly trivial thing to post about, but it made me really happy so I thought I'd take a second to share.

Clay and I did some scheduling today via chat -- picked a night this week for a sleepover and set a tentative date for next week. During the course of the conversation he mentioned how much he appreciated the talk we had the week before about how best to approach scheduling. He said that it hadn't really occurred to him before then that he has a pattern of being vague if there's something he doesn't really want to say (in this case, the example being him saying "Maybe, I'll think about it," rather than just "No, I really don't think I have the time, unfortunately" when asked about a weeknight date when he already has too many evenings booked). He said that he was glad for the insight and that he'd feel much more comfortable being direct from now on.

Communication win!

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 04-22-2013 at 08:23 PM.