View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I'd LOVE to see a similar document crafted that is just about doing poly ethically
That's the thing. I think every polyship could just co-create that for themselves based on the wants/needs/limits of the people in that polyship. What their personal ethics standard is for THEM.

There is no universal form because there's as many ways to "do poly" as there are "poly people." People value different things.

I know what I want for my own polyship standard. My short list is my short list. *shrug*

I see you trying to draft something for yourself so... go for it. Just as all people could go for it.

As to the "breaking up" thing... and how to word it?

"I have the right to be broken up with the way I prefer. Ie : ______(whatever form that is for you) ______. "

Don't get too hung on what to call your paper:
  • rules
  • agreements
  • charter
  • guidelines
  • expectations
  • personal standard
  • talking points list
  • promises
  • something else?

Whatever it is you call it? Just hand it over to the people you want to share it with and... talk. Talk it out, see what falls into place, what doesn't and if you want to share being together or not with a tool you co-created. A talking tool that hopefully helps you be and stay in right relationship to each other and minimizes dings and helps you resolve conflicts.

Or at the very least, an initial talking tool that helps you get to know each other better and discern if you are compatible or not to begin with.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 04-23-2013 at 12:59 AM.