View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 AM

O.M.G., I. LOVE. YOU! This is exactly how I am comfortable operating. That whole, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them" thing? Yep. Right there.
Since this is so new to both of us I feel like giving it time to work out some wrinkles. He definitely seems like someone who will put in the work to modify his behavior or style of doing things so that the relationship has the best possible chance. So far, I trust him to put the work in. But he is an engineer and has a tendency to do things slowly and methodically. I guess I'll just have to see if I have the patience for that or not.

You know, I'm really enjoying this community. We hold so many of the same values when it comes to being responsible in a relationship. Communication is so key and it's so hard to find people who will do that. They think it's just supposed to work itself out, if its meant to be. I don't believe in fate or "meant to be". I believe in hard work, honesty, and communication, respect.

This has been cathartic for me so far. Thank you all so much for your input. It is truly appreciated.