View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 04:39 PM

Clay and I had a good conversation about communication and scheduling the other day. Basically, I was getting a little freaked out by the way he kept saying he wanted to see me and then, when I'd suggest a time or ask him to do so, kept saying he'd think about it. Reminded me way too much of my ex Ziggy's pattern right before our involvement completely dissolved. I asked if we could have a quick phone conversation about it. Much like Gia, he doesn't like talking on the phone, but he agreed and made time for it right away.

The talk set me completely at ease. We each explained where we were coming from and how we tend to communicate about time, and we established that he will try to be clearer, and that I can feel free to take the initiative on proposing hangouts without ever worrying that I'm imposing on him.

We also determined that it would make a lot of sense for me to hang out with him tonight and help him run an event he's managing. I'll have him all to myself afterwards. And tomorrow night, at a different affair, I might get to see him play with other people... he had seemed a bit hesitant about explaining this, and I was able to set his mind at ease by making it clear that I actually find that idea completely, completely hot, and not jealous-making at all. So, it should be a fun couple of days.