View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrBear View Post
I think that's amazing and wish so much that it would happen for me. How was your relationship in the beginning? Has there been many rough spots?
The pre-beginning to our Vee was very rough - mainly because I was a complete asshat and in denial about my feelings/behaviour. You can read about it in the /jackassery/ section of my "Journey" blog here. My husband fell into a deep depression and Dude was cut out of our lives for about 10 weeks. Healing and trustbuilding happened...and we all came back together to forge what we have now, this time on a much better path - an ethical and honest one.

Since then there have been rough days for each of the dyad relationships, disagreements and arguments that would have happened poly or no. And I have had lessons to learn as the "hinge" in terms of balance. Overall, though, it has really gone a whole lot smoother than I ever could have anticipated (should I ever have anticipated such a thing). I credit this to the people involved, these particular men, who were each able to forgive my jackassedness and genuinely care for and love each other as friends and metamours.

I'm a lucky girl.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe