View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 06:40 AM

Masturbation: pretty dang effective, actually. Afterwards, my thoughts drifting, I began a stern conversation with myself.

"Anna," I said, "you've got to cut this moping out. For everyone's sake and for your own most of all. It's getting obnoxious. It's going to end up with you being clingy and weird and seeming desperate, and probably making him feel guilty or pressured. Gross.

Think of all the demands on his time [I listed them out one by one]. That's a LOT for one person. It's not like he picked up all these responsibilities because he didn't care to spend the time on you instead... he had them all when you met him! You *knew* about all this. And yeah, as a consequence there are going to be weeks where your time together is limited or non-existent.

You can deal or not deal. Is this worth it to you? HELL yes, it is! Then deal. Stop obsessing. You'll talk to him soon, and when you do you can see about planning a real date for some time in the next few weeks. But in the meantime, I'd better see an attitude shift. Focus on your life, on your people, and don't wallow."

I actually feel a lot better after that.