View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quath View Post
Probably the biggest issue is worring about losing a partner to another or feeling less desirable.
I admit this was at first my main concern when I entered a polyamorous relationship as a monogamous person. I absolutely have no fear of losing my partner now, as I feel totally loved.

Tangent coming up

My biggest area of concern is my approach towards sex and the value I associate towards it. This is a very big issue for me and causes me a great deal of stress when in group poly meetings where everyone's approach to sex within relationships is different and definitely not in line with my own. This is not about right or wrong, but about what I would be able to function in. 9 out of 10 times the answer I come up with is "not in my lifetime" LOL!!

This is an interesting and pivotal challenge for me, as well as for Redpepper, as we move towards the future and see how our relationship shapes. Not only will this define my relationship with her, but it also influences my ability to feel comfortable and healthy in my social interactions with people in the poly community. Communication is the key as (as you said Quath) and Redpepper, her husband and me definitely communicate.

I really wandered there didn't I?

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 06-14-2009 at 03:19 PM.