View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 AM

A list of strategies I have tried tonight to deal with missing Clay, and their effectiveness.

1) Have a beer with dinner. Moderately effective. Felt nicely fuzzy and thought about not very much for a while.

2) Eat some pieces of dark chocolate. Very effective, but only while chocolate is being eaten and then very shortly thereafter. May have had a small lasting positive effect on overall mood, hard to tell.

3) Listen to melancholy songs. Depends on how you define effective? I enjoyed listening to them, but I don't think they "helped" per se.

4) Be productive. The most effective! I went grocery shopping with one of my housemates, and then finished a piece of jewelry I'd been working on, and while I was doing each of those things I was wholly focused on them. Good stuff.

5) Message him to let him know I miss him. The opposite of effective, as now I'm just feeling a little sad that I haven't heard back yet.

6) Post here about missing him. Doesn't seem to have any effect, positive or negative as far as I can tell.

7) Masturbate. We'll find out when I go to bed!