Thread: Wow
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofDiscovery View Post
Nycindie, thanks for proving my point. Someone says something you don't like and your response is 'WTF are you talking about?' This is exactly what I was talking about - it's possible to have a discussion with someone where you both disagree and both state your position without it turning into an aggressive slanging match.
What point? When I wrote WTF are you talking about, I was truly puzzled and the way I heard myself saying it (in my head) was in a very quizzical and calm tone, with no aggression. Y'know, like "What the fuck...?" Well, it's probably impossible to write it again and not be misconstrued again. Suffice it to say that I was not engaging in an "aggressive slanging match," especially since I don't even know what a slanging match is. What does "slang" even mean in context of a "match?" Who would I have been in a match against? The whole idea of a "slanging match" makes no sense whatsoever to me. Is it a contest in using slang words?

I had responded to Castle's comment about unicorns with a clarification of what the term means and you got all defensive and hypercritical for some reason, and I said, "Huh? WTF?" I think that the only point you are proving is that you like to start arguments with people for no reason. But, whatever floats your boat.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.