View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Passive aggressive comments like this piss me off! Dealing with passive aggressive personalities takes re-arranging your brain to get a straight answer and figure out where the real problem lies. My husband is extremely passive aggressive and it was a real eye opener once I started reading up on how to deal with this type of personality. I recognize the signs and am now able to call him on his bs and then adjust my reactions accordingly. I wish I had been clued into some of this stuff 20 years ago, would have saved a great deal of grief.

Here's a good article on jealousy http://www.xeromag.com/fvpolyrefrigerator.html
i make similar comments like that when I haven't found the wwords to artticulate wwhat I'm feeling, but i usually figure it out sooner rather thann later and say what it is that's really bugging me. I agree that it can be maanipulative (I doon't think it's true "passive-aggressive" by definition, well, maybe it is in this casse, i just think people use the term "passive-aggressive" aas a catch-aall phrase for when someone is being insincere or evasive & it's a pet-peeve of mine), but sometimes it is just a way of stalling until you figure things out. it's manipulative when you use those phrases as a way of puttingg the other person in a no-win position, which is what it SEEMS to be doing in the OP's siituation.

Sorry about the repeating letters. It's the fucking keyboard.