View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
How did you act when your relationship with your girlfriend ended? Were you sulking, sad, or just like going through the motions of life while dealing with your heartbreak? How did your wife act then? Was she the same as she is now?
It hurt...and i reacted poorly at first, being sulky and angry. After a day or 2 i was able to balance myself and not project the hurt...and we also did some counselling together. Very soon, i was having clear conversations with my wife and discussing things. She wasn't really the same as she is now...she had a sense of delight about her, like she had won a game.

Quote:
Is it possible that your wife is seeing something in your girlfriend that you cannot see because you are caught up in NRE?
It could certainly be possible. I ask my wife to tell me...but she just won't. I guess that is one of the main reasons i am on this forum...i don't want to be clouded...i want to see things for what they are. So far, no one in my life but my wife has said that my gf is manipulative...and if i am missing something...i want to know what it is.

Quote:
Is it possible that she said something that your wife may have taken the wrong way or taken out of context? I find it interesting that your wife went from saying she was caring and all this to she is manipulative. What happened? Did you leave your wife to go tend to your girlfriend because she was having an emotional meltdown? Have your wife and your girlfriend talked alone recently? If so, what came of the conversation?
I really wish i knew. Anything could be possible. The real issue going on is that my wife refuses to tell me. When i go to great lengths to make her feel comfortable enough to have a discussion...she begins with a few words and then just makes comments like "oh, it's not worth explaining anyway"...or "it doesn't matter because you like her anyway". I understand this is a product of feeling like she is not good enough...like she has to compete (she actually tells me this). But she IS good enough...and i don't want her to compete...there is no competition.