Thread: Wow
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM

Well, talk about a snotty holier than thou retort! Perhaps you've been here too long and have no been indoctrinated.

I'm open to people that want to learn. I was new here too, and believe me, I got more than an earful as did DH when we joined. However, rather than taking offense that things weren't said all super sensitive and careful like, we listened, we gave more information to explain our situation better. There are times the advice given us is to completely from another's POV that they wouldn't see anything BUT their way and their POV. Those we ignore and move on. The point is there are lots of ways to do Poly, so sure newbies ways may be incredibly valid. They may just not give enough info. That rap of 'it's personal!' often has people filling in blanks ourselves. Of course, just having more than one relationship is not poly. It's being non monogamous and if you aren't being poly but say you are, yep, there will be calling out on things that are non monogamous, cheating and etc. In HOPES that poly is what you are reaching for and might be able to achieve.

TL;DR If you don't want unvarnished truth from people, then ask your mother, not strangers on the net.