Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:44 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I cannot sleep, so what am I doing? Planning a family holiday to Disney World. The little duckie is adamant about going to Disney World. We went to Disney World last year, but I love when my children are happy. We also went to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, etc. (Out of all the parks, I remember Universal and Sea World the most. The Jurassic Park ride was pretty awesome in IoA.) Our holiday coincided with my birthday, so that was how I brought in my birthday. Disney's Fantasyland was being expanded, and it was due to open in December or so. My daughter was positively over the moon when we met Mickey and Minnie. We took pictures with them and got hugs. Let's just say they made awesome family pictures. Disney is great for nostalgia, but it is bloody compact and tight. We were in line for the longest time to ride "It's A Small World." I remember that from my first trip to Disney World many, many, many moons ago. I do like that the parks have adopted the FastPass thingy or whatever each park calls it, where you get a printout that tells you what time to return. Brilliant idea.

I need to talk to Matt to see how he feels about Si going, and I need to talk to her as well. The last thing I want is for anyone to be uncomfortable and tense on a holiday. Ideally, I know my daughter would love for them to both go, but if it is not an option, I hope she understands. We will see. We still have a bit of time before the trip, and things might change a little bit more before then.

Back to holiday planning.

-Ry

Last edited by FullofLove1052; 04-15-2013 at 02:07 AM.