View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 AM

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongcamepoly3 View Post
i am 22 and my husband is 23 we live in Utah and are new to the poly community.
Everyone is "new" at some point. The "poly community" is a wide and diverse population. How did you come to decide to investigate polyamory?

Quote:
...we want to add a third relationship to our marriage. we are not looking for a hook up but a serious commitment from another female to be a girlfriend to both me and my husband.
If you poke around the forums you will see a number of threads where couples looking to "add a third" are referred to as "Unicorn Hunters" (a couple looking for a bisexual woman to be a girlfriend to both of them). This is a very common idea when people are first considering polyamory. You may want to read this article so that you are braced for it when the phrase comes up.

Quote:
.. how did you introduce yourselves to the poly world and what are some ways you went about finding someone for your relationship?
My personal journey didn't include "introducing myself" to the poly world or "finding someone" so I don't know how helpful my story would be (you can read about my journey my "Journey" blog on this site). From my perspective, relationships are things that grow and develop, whether I look for them or not, so I just let myself be open to whatever develops.

Jane!
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe