Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 AM

Yes, and no. I mean at first I was like, why else would you break up? Then I thought maybe we don't have the same definition in our heads on principle.

Here's what people are saying, most people have their own personal rules about not dating someone that is lying or cheating. At the base of it is this. If she is willing to lie to people she claims to love, to care about, if that is how she shows she cares and respects them, then why would she treat you any differently?

I am also baffled when people ask for advice then explain they simply CAN NOT leave a not good to very bad situation because they are in love.

You can, you just don't want to. NRE is fun, it's great. That's nice. It does not mean you CAN NOT, it means you will not. Being poly means that you CAN POSSIBLY have more than one relationship, it does not mean that you can be with anyone that you happen to love. We have to take responsibility for our own situations. For knowing that as much as we love someone, we may not be good for them, or they may not be good for us. The timing may be bad, the relationship just not healthy for both people. It happens, it's sad, it's unfortunate, but it's life.

The only people that are with someone they love even though the situation is bad and unhealthy and it works out are bad teen fics.