View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw103 View Post
I have such a problem responding to these without sounding like a run of the mill tool, maybe because I am. I just do the general "hey you sound really interesting and I'd like to hang out and get to know you" I'm such a damn geek. I just don't know what to say.
It would probably help to pick out what exactly it was about their profile that made them sound interesting - you like x/I like x, you like y/ I haven't met too many people interested in y, etc. You want to let them know that you actually read their profile and that x, y, and z about it intrigued you. "hey you sound really interesting and I'd like to hang out and get to know you" sound like something that you copy/pasted to 2000 girls profiles at once - because it doesn't reference anything specific about the girl you are messaging.

JaneQ

PS. Disclaimer - I have a pic-less OKC profile. Take my comments with a grain of salt. I can only talk about what would attract me (a poly bi girl) to respond to someone's message.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe