View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanvaldez76 View Post
We do spend a lot of time together actually.... she only sees M maybe once and sometimes twice a week depending on our schedules... but other than that they talk a lot over text and email.... but she and I do spend most evenings together snuggling on the couch and watching TV so it's not like I feel abandoned or anything
One of the the reasons I ventured into online chatting was that my wife has a limit on the amount of affection she can take. Then she routes her attention to other activities like books and computer games. It's how she relaxes and escapes.

I was jealous of them (books and games) for a long, long time, but then I realized I had to take ownership of myself. It's not her job to entertain me. If I need attention, I have to go out and get it.

In a situation where you've agreed to it already, I recommend concentrating on the fact that she could be doing anything with her free time. Because she's spending it on another man should be immaterial. Of course "should" and "is" are two different things, and I have those issues with my girlfriend all the time, but I'm getting better!
Stakes - very intimate friend
Ironically named Farmgirl - local interest