Thread: Wide Awake
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM

Default The First Awkward Run-In

Quick update. I am off to Bali for my best friend's wedding festivities, and my ex is in the bridal party, too. When we booked this trip months ago, obviously we were still together. Since we booked at the same time, our suites are next to each other.

We have had no communication, so I was unsure of whether or not she was still going. I am the matron of honour, so I have to be there. So I am sitting in here waiting to board my first flight, and guess who walks in? Si. It has been dead silent between us since she walked in. I cannot tell you how awkward this is going to be, and if it was not going to cost me an arm, a leg, and several body parts to change it, I would, but once my headphones are in, I can get in my zone. I keep looking at the time like, "Please let it be time to board NOW." 12.5 (+/-) hours to Changi. An hour layover. And another 2 hours to Denpasar. It is going to be a long time coming to get us to Wednesday night. Who knows? Things may be less tense in the air. I hope so.

It is all about my friend from the moment I touch down. Wish me luck!

Best,

Ry