View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
So, you CAN tell when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm not. I knew that already. You're not as dumb as you pretend to be, either.
I don't pretend to be dumb and I wasn't talking about me. But honestly, if every second word out of your mouth is sarcastic, how can you have any reasonable expectation of being clearly understood even half the time?

I'm not the one bitching and moaning about everyone misinterpreting my words. I offered a possible explanation, and rather than consider it and take responsibility for your role in the miscommunication, you resort to more snarkiness. That's your style and I accept that, but then if you're half as smart as you pretend to be, why do you act so surprised every time it receives exactly the expected reaction?

If you keep repeating the same behaviour, you're going to keep getting the same results. Your behaviour is sarcasm and snarkiness. The results are that people misinterpret your words. Unless you change your behaviour, don't expect different results.

Quote:
Also, you can't seem to be consistent from one post to another because every word has a different definition every time you use it.
It's called context. Language is not static. Circumstances dictate variations. Words are adapted to a particular use. We can't just invent a new word every single time we wish to discuss a variation on a theme, so we re-use an existing word and explain the difference in how we're using it.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."