View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
I think i owe an explanation about the comment in the other thread about "do you do the same thing at your job" or something to that effect. I said that because i think (and i guess i could be wrong about this, after all i work at Harvard so i should be used to smart people who do stupid things) that someone who is a physician and holds people's lives in their own hands should be able to think critically and clearly in other areas, and one of those areas involves collecting and collating data and using it to arrive at a conclusion (not at a convulsion like i almost just wrote accidentally). I mean, when you read a lab report that doesn't agree with what you thought was wrong with the patient when they first presented, do you wing it and assume the data is just wrong, or do you investigate further and try to figure out what is really going on with the patient?

This is not an analogy to what just took place on this site. This is an explanation of why i think a person with a degree in medicine is too intelligent to invent things that other people didn't say, because they have proven they are by graduating from medical school. Unless they got a degree from some place in Central America. Then all bets are off.

And no, i did not just say "you probably got your medical degree from some third-rate place in Central America." that is not what i said at all.
No worries. That issue has been squared away. I sometimes think too much for my own benefit, and I dissect things in a different way. I read between the lines and interpret things differently than most. That is why I said, "That is what I took from it." It was right because what was the word used to describe the instructions given? Explicit.

I should have been in tune with what the hell was going on when it was happening in my life. I was just not worried about it because it did not fit into my happy bubble of love and life. I did not want to hear it at all. It is like a patient who comes in complaining of x, y, and z and just deciding to forgo all lab work and telling that person, "Oh it is this, and it does not matter what you think it is." What does that do? Leave the door wide open for malpractice. Welcome to my life in this moment. Poly Malpractice. I wish I would have named my blog that.